Contributors

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010 Personal Goals Revisited

Celebrating New Years is bitter sweet for me. After the clock turns midnight (or more likely when I wake up Jan. 1), I am usually invigorated to start the new year and make it my best year yet. However the days leading up to Dec. 31 are filled with angst. Did I do enough this year? Am I heading in the right direction? Oh god - what I am doing with my life.

To help calm my anxiety or possibly make it worse, I thought I would look back on the goals I set for 2010.

Personal Goals for 2010

1. Lose Weight - Partially Completed
My goals is and was to lose 30 pounds. I have lost 16 to date....however I gained a couple of those back of the Holiday. Stupid cookies.

2. Finish my MBA - Completed

3. Blog More and Increase Exposure - Incomplete
My goal was to blog 3 times a week. I hit that maybe 4 weeks out the 52 weeks this year. I have a couple more followers - thank you friends! But I would love to have someone I don't know actually interested in my nonsense. Is that super vein? It felt really vein to actually write that out.

4. Do the Dishes - Partially Complete
I did better on this than I thought, but...I still can and should do better to give my husband a break.

5. Build a Better Wardrobe - Incomplete
I think I bought fewer clothes this year than any other year in the past. I did a good job of shopping at better stores, but I still always go for the sales rack. Don't get me wrong it's good to get deals, but I struggle to believe you can build a beautiful and classic wardrobe through sales racks only. Trust me, I have been trying for 32 years. Or maybe you can with better direction. More to come on that later.

Althought, the weight loss (see above) has thrown a kink in this one. I have tried to put a ban on all new clothes shopping until I loose these last 15 pounds which will likely put me in a new dress size.


So 1 completed, 2 partially completed & 2 incomplete. Not a great track record, but there is always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment